Pre-Settlement Funding in Ohio
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, traffic crashes killed more people in the United States in 2021 than any year since 2005. According to NHTSA, 42,915 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2021, a 10.5% increase from the 38,824 fatalities in 2020 and preliminary data on 2022 estimates similar fatalities to 2021.
What a plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit often finds is that their case will drag out over months or even years and they may find themselves in financial distress because they are unable to work or pay medical bills or even cover basic living expenses.
Thankfully, in Ohio you can get the legal funding you need by contacting HMR to discuss how our pre-settlement funding program can help you pay for living expenses and other needs while your attorney is working to get you the justice you deserve.
With our risk-free pre-settlement funding, you can get the legal funding you need without applying for a traditional loan.
- Eligibility for legal funding is based on the strength and potential value of your case
- No credit check or income validation needed to approve your request
- You won’t need to repay the pre-settlement funding if you lose your lawsuit.
Our experts will need relevant information from you below and will contact your attorney to discuss your case.
Get Started Now
What is Pre-Settlement Funding?
Pre-settlement funding, also known as a lawsuit loan, legal funding or a settlement advance, is an advance on your pending lawsuit settlement or award. Unlike traditional loans, the cash you receive will be based on the merits of your case, not your credit rating. Also, unlike a traditional loan, if your case is lost, you won’t have to pay back the pre-settlement advance you received from HMR.
How does Pre-Settlement Funding work in Ohio?
Applying for pre-settlement funding in Ohio is very simple and straightforward. Below are the simple steps:
- Fill out our online request form above and provide the requested information
- Our team will reach out to your attorney to discuss your case in more detail
- We’ll make a decision within 24-48 hours based on the merits of your case
- You can receive your money quickly through direct deposit or check
How can Pre-Settlement Funding help you?
Once you receive your pre-settlement cash advance, you can use it for anything you need such as:
- Paying for basic living expenses like monthly bills, housing and car payments
- Covering medical expenses and medicine
- Purchase groceries and gasoline
Ultimately, getting a pre-settlement advance can help your attorney have the time they need to get you the justice you deserve, without your worrying about making ends meet in the meantime.
Fault Laws in Ohio
Ohio is an at-fault state. This means that the at-fault driver will be held liable for injuries and property damages sustained by victims in the accident. Also, Ohio uses the “modified comparative negligence” rule. Under the principle, you can’t recover any damages from the other driver if you are 51% or more at fault for the accident.
The Ohio Mandatory Liability Insurance Law
In Ohio, vehicle owners must have the following minimum amounts of liability auto insurance coverage:
- $25,000 liability coverage for bodily injury or death, per person injured or killed in an accident.
- $50,000 liability coverage for all bodily injury or death liability in an accident.
Statute of Limitations in Ohio
According to Ohio Code of Civil Procedure any action for personal injury shall be commenced within two (2) years from the date of the accident. Plaintiffs who file a case after the statute of limitations has expired have little chance of winning their case, even if they have suffered injuries through no fault of their own.
Apply for Pre-Settlement Funding in Ohio Today
If you’ve been injured and are in need of financial assistance while your case is in motion, apply now for pre-settlement funding and our experienced team at HMR will contact you and your attorney to learn more about your case and how we can help you.