Pre-Settlement Funding in New Mexico
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, traffic crashes killed more people in the United States in 2021 than any year since 2005. According to NHTSA, 42,915 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2021, a 10.5% increase from the 38,824 fatalities in 2020 and preliminary data on 2022 estimates similar fatalities to 2021.
What a plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit often finds is that their case will drag out over months or even years and they may find themselves in financial distress because they are unable to work or pay medical bills or even cover basic living expenses.
Thankfully, in New Mexico you can get the legal funding you need by contacting HMR to discuss how our pre-settlement funding program can help you pay for living expenses and other needs while your attorney is working to get you the justice you deserve.
With our risk-free pre-settlement funding, you can get the legal funding you need without applying for a traditional loan.
- Eligibility for legal funding is based on the strength and potential value of your case
- No credit check or income validation needed to approve your request
- You won’t need to repay the pre-settlement funding if you lose your lawsuit.
Our experts will need relevant information from you below and will contact your attorney to discuss your case.
Get Started Now
What is Pre-Settlement Funding?
Pre-settlement funding, also known as a lawsuit loan, legal funding or a settlement advance, is an advance on your pending lawsuit settlement or award. Unlike traditional loans, the cash you receive will be based on the merits of your case, not your credit rating. Also, unlike a traditional loan, if your case is lost, you won’t have to pay back the pre-settlement advance you received from HMR.
How does Pre-Settlement Funding work in New Mexico?
Applying for pre-settlement funding in New Mexico is very simple and straightforward. Below are the simple steps:
- Fill out our online request form above and provide the requested information
- Our team will reach out to your attorney to discuss your case in more detail
- We’ll make a decision within 24-48 hours based on the merits of your case
- You can receive your money quickly through direct deposit or check
How can Pre-Settlement Funding help you?
Once you receive your pre-settlement cash advance, you can use it for anything you need such as:
- Paying for basic living expenses like monthly bills, housing and car payments
- Covering medical expenses and medicine
- Purchase groceries and gasoline
Ultimately, getting a pre-settlement advance can help your attorney have the time they need to get you the justice you deserve, without your worrying about making ends meet in the meantime.
Fault Laws in New Mexico
New Mexico is an at-fault state, meaning if you are injured or suffer expenses or losses due to a car accident, you may seek compensation and reimbursement from the driver or party at fault for the crash.
The New Mexico Mandatory Liability Insurance Law
In New Mexico, vehicle owners must have the following minimum amounts of liability auto insurance coverage:
- $25,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person.
- $50,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more persons.
- $10,000 for property damage in any one accident.
Statute of Limitations in New Mexico
Under New Mexico laws, accident victims will have up to three (3) years to commence an action or ask the New Mexico civil courts for a remedy for any type of personal injury caused by another person.
Apply for Pre-Settlement Funding in New Mexico Today
If you’ve been injured and are in need of financial assistance while your case is in motion, apply now for pre-settlement funding and our experienced team at HMR will contact you and your attorney to learn more about your case and how we can help you.