Pre-Settlement Funding in Hawaii
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, traffic crashes killed more people in the United States in 2021 than any year since 2005. NHTSA projects that an estimated 42,915 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes last year, a 10.5% increase from the 38,824 fatalities in 2020.
What a plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit often finds is that their case will drag out over months or even years and they may find themselves in financial distress because they are unable to work or pay medical bills or even cover basic living expenses.
Thankfully, in Hawaii you can get the legal funding you need by contacting HMR to discuss how our pre-settlement funding program can help you pay for living expenses and other needs while your attorney is working to get you the justice you deserve.
With our risk-free settlement loans, you can get the legal funding you need without applying for a lawsuit loan in Hawaii.
- Eligibility for legal funding is based on the strength and potential value of your case
- No credit check or income validation needed to approve your request
- You won’t need to repay the pre-settlement funding if you lose your lawsuit.
Our experts will need relevant information from you below and will contact your attorney to discuss your case.
Get Started Now
What is the difference between pre-settlement funding and a loan?
Pre-settlement funding, also known as a lawsuit loan, legal funding or a settlement advance, is an advance on your pending lawsuit settlement or award. Unlike traditional loans, the cash you receive will be based on the merits of your case, not your credit rating. Also, unlike a traditional loan, if your case is lost, you won’t have to pay back the pre-settlement advance you received from HMR.
How does Pre-Settlement Funding work in Hawaii?
Applying for pre-settlement funding in Hawaii is very simple and straightforward. Below are the simple steps:
- Fill out the online request form above and provide the requested information
- Our team will reach out to your attorney to discuss your case in more detail
- We’ll make a decision within 24-48 hours based on the merits of your case
- You can receive your money quickly through direct deposit, Western Union, by check or other means
How can Pre-Settlement Funding help you?
Once you receive your pre-settlement cash advance, you can use it for anything you need such as:
- Paying for basic living expenses like monthly bills, housing and car payments
- Covering medical expenses and medicine
- Purchase groceries and gasoline
Ultimately, getting a pre-settlement advance can help your attorney have the time they need to get you the justice you deserve, without your worrying about making ends meet in the meantime.
Fault Laws in Hawaii
Hawaii is a “no-fault” state. This means that your auto insurance company will pay for injuries, medical expenses, and other related financial losses, up to your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage limit, notwithstanding who was at fault for the traffic collision.
Minimum Car Insurance Coverage Requirements in Hawaii
Vehicle owners in Hawaii are required to have a minimum car insurance coverage of:
- $10,000 in PIP or no-fault coverage
- $20,000 liability coverage per person per accident
- $40,000 liability coverage for injuries to one or more persons per accident
- $10,000 liability coverage for property damages
Statute of Limitations for Hawaii Personal Injury Claims
Hawaii’s statute of limitations gives accident victims two (2) years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Apply for Pre-Settlement Funding in Hawaii Today
If you’ve been injured and are in need of financial assistance while your case is in motion, apply now for pre-settlement funding and our experienced team at HMR will contact you and your attorney to learn more about your case and how we can help you.