Webinar Replay – Life Care Planning in Personal Injury Cases: Understanding Fundamentals and Avoiding Common Pitfalls
Happy New Year! As I reflect on 2019 and the many conversations I’ve had with attorneys around the country, I’ve fielded many questions about life care planners and the service they provide. I thought back to someone highly regarded that many of you will know of – and he graciously agreed to present on the valuable services those in his profession provide.
While HMR does not provide funding for life care planning expenses, we saw the immense value in having Dr. Harvey E. Jacobs, PhD, CLCP shed light on the purpose of life care planning for our many attorney colleagues around the country.
The live webinar is over, but you can check out the recording here, Life Care Planning in Personal Injury Cases: Understanding Fundamentals and Avoiding Common Pitfalls, where you’ll learn about the purpose, goals and multi-dimensional nature of life care planning; especially as it relates to cases involving litigation. You can also download the presentation slides as well.
National Sales Manager at HMR
During this recorded webinar with Dr. Harvey E. Jacobs, you’ll learn about the purpose, goals and multi-dimensional nature of life care planning; especially as it relates to cases involving litigation:
- The principal role of a life care plan is to educate all parties regarding the nature of disability, handicap, and effective treatment approaches.
- Understand the fundamentals and foundations of effective life care planning, including critical standards of practice and deliberative processes.
- Why no two life care plans are alike – people with similar impairments may require very different service approaches.
- The importance of engaging a life care planner early in a case, case analysis, life care planner credentials, interactions of life care planners with other experts / treaters.
- Avoiding common pitfalls and traps in case development, reports, and testimony.
- Premorbid case considerations.
Dr. Jacobs is happy to answer questions you may have regarding life care plans. He can be reached at 804-323-5560 or by email.
About Dr. Harvey E. Jacobs – Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Certified Life Care Planner:
- As a life care planner, Jacobs serves on the joint editorial boards of The Rehabilitation Professional and the Journal of Life Care Planning.
- He is a member of the International Academy of Life Care Planning Code of Ethics Task Force and he previously served on the academy’s Standards of Practice Revision Advisory Committee.
- As a licensed clinical psychologist, Jacobs has published and lectured widely over the past 35+ years on rehabilitation for neurological, psychiatric, medical and intellectual impairments; life care planning; behavior analysis; vocational rehabilitation; and complex treatment issues across the life span.
- Serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, and is one of 50 professionals helping the Brain Injury Association of America draft national treatment guidelines for adults with TBI.
- He has served on multiple medical school faculties, hospitals, programs and facilities; and as principal investigator on federal, state and private grants focused on his noted areas of practice and expertise.
- Board member of the North American Brain Injury Society and past board member of the United States Brain Injury Alliance, the American Academy for Certification of Brain Injury Specialists and the National Head Injury Foundation.
- A graduate of Florida State University, Jacobs completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and is a National Institute of Handicapped Research Mary Switzer Research Fellow.